Naturally, skin ages, and because of that, the skin’s ability to release old, dry cells to make way for new fresh cells slows down. The result of this slowing down process is a dull lackluster complexion. Proper exfoliation is absolutely key in maintaining healthy, vibrant skin. So…with summer now in full swing it’s time to get that skin prepped and ready to glow! Here are a few simple steps to keep your skin smooth and soft well into the summer months with Epicuren’s newest summer body collection, Gauva Nectar!
- Prior to cleansing the skin try dry brushing with a natural soft bristle body brush to aid in flushing toxins through your lymphatic system and sloughing off dry skin. Here’s a simple format to follow.
- Start with the extremities of the body and stroke the brush in one upward movement towards the major lymph nodes in the body, such as the groin, armpits, and base of neck. Keep in mind to always brush towards the heart, encouraging lymph flow to the main lymphatic ducts.
- Avoid sensitive skin and sensitive areas of the body.
- Cleanse your skin with your favorite Epicuren body cleanser and rinse well.
- Apply approximately 2 tablespoons of your favorite Epicuren body scrub to wet skin and massage in a circular motion to allow the granules to remove dead skin cells. Rinse well with warm water and gently pat dry.
- Lock in moisture with your favorite Epicuren body moisturizer leaving skin luxuriously drenched in an abundance of hydration.
- Finish with your favorite Epicuren sunscreen to protect yourself from premature aging – always an important step when exfoliating!
Added Summer Tip: Make sure to do this 5 step exfoliation treatment the day before your next spray tan to get a beautiful even finish of bronzed color!